||Plant Health Care Technician
||Based on experience
||Plant Health Care
||Indianapolis and Fishers Office
Main duties are to monitor, evaluate, and provide plant health care needs for residential and commercial properties. Qualified candidates will have an aptitude for pest & disease management operations including mix ratios, application rates, and associated tools and equipment specific to plant health care. Our goal is to maximize tree health for our customers. On the job training is provided.
- Provide diagnostics and recommendations for biotic and abiotic conditions affecting trees and shrubs.
- Perform prescribed integrated pest management and fertilization of trees and shrubs using spray, granular and injected products.
- Perform air spading, vertical mulching, root barrier installation, and other prescribed procedures to improve tree and shrub root vigor.
- Install trees and shrubs.
- Prepare requested tree and shrub care proposals for residential and commercial properties.
- Assist tree crews performing tree removals, tree pruning, and stump grinding operations, as needed.
- Assess storm restoration work, during nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
- Assist in completing tree inventory projects.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in Forestry or Arboriculture (i.e. residential, commercial, municipal, state, federal forestry, etc.) performing plant health care duties, a plus
- Possess Registered Technician Certification from the State Chemist Office.
- Current Driver’s License and Driving Record in good standing; Class B CDL, a plus
- Proficient at local tree identification (Native and ornamental) and Tree Physiology
- Proficient at diagnosing common biotic and abiotic tree and landscape issues
- Ability to work, travel, and hike in rugged terrain and inclement weather when required
- Ability to successfully complete Continuing Education extension courses and obtain other industry specific licenses and certifications
Full medical benefits are available along with paid holidays and vacation time.
Compensation is based on experience and education.
Ping’s Tree Service, Inc. is the largest privately owned and operated tree care service in central Indiana. We are dedicated to providing superior certified arbor care, including tree removal and pruning as well as feeding, fertilizing, and tree maintenance. We serve Marion, Boone, Hamilton, parts of Hancock, Hendricks, Johnson, and parts of Morgan Counties and the surrounding area, including Indianapolis, Martinsville, Avon, Brownsburg, Noblesville, Carmel, Fishers, Westfield, and Zionsville. Our company is growing and expanding further outside the Indianapolis area and has opened a satellite office in Fishers..
Ping’s Tree Service, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.